FAQ Table of Contents
- What is Montreal's metro?
- What is the STM?
- Why is Montreal's metro not called a subway?
- How many stations are there in Montreal's metro?
- What makes Montreal's metro different from other subway systems in the world?
- How much does it cost to ride Montreal's metro?
- Where is the station closest to me?
- How can I tell which line to use?
- How do I transfer from train to train?
- How do I transfer between the metro to the bus?
- How do I transfer between the metro and the commuter trains?
- What are the metro's operating hours?
- Why should I use the metro?
- What did Montrealers use to get around before the metro?
- When did they first get the idea for a metro?
- When was the metro founded?
- How many stations did it comprise at first?
- How long did it take to build?
- How much did it cost to build?
- Who collaborated in the construction?
- Why is there no Line 3?
- When were the rest of the lines built?
- How many people use the system?
- How much does it cost to run?
- What sort of people use the metro?
- What is the total length of the track?
- How many journeys are made by the trains per year?
- Where is the control centre for the system?
- What are the future plans for the metro network?
- What kinds of trains are used in the metro?
- How many trains serve the metro?
- Why are the trains on the green line different from on the other lines?
- How large are the trains?
- What is the maximum speed of a metro train? How do trains brake?
- Where are the trains housed and repaired?
- What is that three-note sound I hear when a metro train starts up?
- What do trains do at the end of the line?
- What are those signs inside the tunnel for?
- Why are trains sometimes delayed?
- Why do trains sometimes pass through a station without stopping?
- Why do trains sometimes shake, or brake suddenly?
- How can I tell if a train is the last one of the night?
- How are buses used in case of an interruption in service?
- What other types of vehicles are used in the metro?
- How are metro stations named?
- Who designed the metro stations?
- Which station is busiest?
- What are the longest and shortest distances between stations?
- Which station is the deepest?
- What artworks are found in the metro?
- Why is it so hot in the metro in winter? Why is it windy in the metro?
- What are the rules for metro passengers?
- Where can I go to get information on the system, report an incident, or find a lost item?
- How are musicians permitted to play in the metro?
- Has there ever been a collision in the Montreal metro?
- Has there ever been a fire in the Montreal metro?
- What should I do in case of an emergency?
- Do people ever commit suicide in the metro?
- Is it permitted to take photographs in the metro?
- Have any movies been shot in the metro?
- What does "cent-trente-et-un-dix, cent-trente-et-un-dix, communiquez" mean?
- What stations have the longest and shortest names?
- When has the metro run all night?
- What was the metro's busiest day ever?
- Who designed the metro logo?
- Whose voice is used to announce the stations?
- What's that smell?
- How many ... are there?